History: The distillery is on the outskirts of Glasgow between the River Clyde and the Kilpatrick Hills. The Auchentoshan was built in 1817 by John Bullock as a Duntusche Distillery and had many owners until 1994. In 1822 his son Archibald Bullrock took over the distillery, but had to file for bankruptcy in 1826. In 1834, the founded Bullrock & Co. Ltd. sold the distillery to John Hart and Alexander Filshie, which they renamed the Auchentoshan Distellery.
It was renovated in 1875 and sold to CH Curtis & Co. in 1878. In 1903 the distillery went to George & John McLachlan Ltd., but was partially destroyed in a German air raid in 1941. On February 3rd, 1948 the distillery was put back into operation. Ultimately, the distillery was given to Morrions Browmore Ltd. in 1984, wich was bought by Suntory in 1994.
Character: Auchentoshan single malts are considered light, sweet and aromatic. Its fruity notes are very delicate. The malts are only very lightly peated. The bottlings become surprisingly complex as they get older.